Industrial Building Maintenance Mechanic - 1st Shift, Forklift Repair
Company: Gordon Food Service
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are
thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story
to share. See below for a quick glance of who we are and the impact
you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our
table for you...
1st Shift Maintenance Mechanic, Monday-Friday 7AM - 3:30PM
Location:630 JOHN HANCOCK RD, TAUNTON, Massachusetts 02
Pay: $24.22-$30.28 per hour!
You also have the potential to earn an additional $2.85 per hour
performance incentive - no flat rates!
$500 Tool Allowance! $150 a year shoe allowance!
Come join a winning team! We are looking for our next maintenance
mechanic that specializes in but not limited to forklift
- Full-time position with benefits after 30 days!
- Development opportunities with paid training
- We provide uniforms and get them cleaned for you!
- Annual tool and boot allowances
- Our Maintenance Mechanics learn firsthand how to ensure the
safety and functionality of our facilities assets.
- We pay to train and certify the right people for this more
- Education: High School diploma or General Educational Development
(GED) certificate. Powered Industrial Vehicle certification
- Experience: Three years previous machine repair experience OR an
equivalent combination of education and training. Previous
experience in forklift repair.
- You'll be asked to do work in high places, freezing cold spaces,
inside/outside, and anywhere within the building where you are
- Successful passing of hair drug screen and background check.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Able to lift/move up to 100 pounds during your shift.
Industrial Maintenance / Equipment Mechanics Preferred
- One of the main responsibilities of this role would be forklift
- Ability to read and interpret building schematics/blueprints
- High level of understanding of electrical mechanics
- Proficiency in computerized maintenance management systems
- Electrical trouble-shooting
- HVAC systems
- Building Maintenance
- Conveyor systems
- Preventative Maintenance
- Dock Doors/Levelers
- Hi Speed Doors
Maintains and performs daily maintenance and preventative
Maintenance on buildings and equipment to include forklifts,
cranes, conveyors, power industrial vehicles (PIV) and building
facilities. Ensures that all equipment is in working order for
maximum operating efficiency. The backbone of any organization is
connected to those who are dedicated to keeping things in order.
Our valued Maintenance Teams keep things running, our business in
motion and our customers successful.
- Maintain and perform daily maintenance and preventive
maintenance on cranes, conveyers, power industrial vehicles and
- Maintain battery room and chargers to include charging and
changing batteries for material handling equipment.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation, perform diagnostic
routines and listens to their sounds to locate causes of
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts
using hoists, hand and power tools.
- Maintain equipment rooms in a neat and orderly
- Follow through and completes all work orders.
- Maintain appropriate levels of material handling equipment
- Tracks and completes all preventative maintenance utilizing
Maximo database software application.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA and other federal, state, and local
- Adheres to the mission and cornerstone values and applicable
practices of the organization.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the
field by reading appropriate books, journals and other literature
and attending related conferences, seminars, etc. Maintains peer
relationships in the field to share issues and ideas.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Must be able to communicate clearly in a professional
- Excellent Attention to detail
- Must work effectively with others and demonstrates accuracy and
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret written
- Must possess the ability to write reports, business
correspondence, and procedure manuals and be able to effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide with the
ability to solve practical and technical problems.
- Must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished
in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule
- Must be able to routine problems of limited scope and
complexity following established policies and procedures
- Employees in all warehouse positions must be able to
immediately perceive auditory warning signals such as bells,
alarms, and horns that are used to warn employees of the start-up,
movement, or approach of equipment (including forklifts, turrets,
overhead cranes, conveyors, trucks, and other equipment operated
inside or outside the warehouse), mechanical abnormalities, and
similar risk situations during warehouse operations.
BE PART OF AN AMAZING CULTURE WHERE WHAT MATTERS TO YOU, MATTERS TO
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their
success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate
our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate
who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of
support from their management if they are selected for the
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration
for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or
status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the
Law poster is available here: If you require reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due
to a disability, please submit your request to and use the words
"Accommodation Request" in your subject line. Please keep in mind
this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation
due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free. Gordon Food
Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
Keywords: Gordon Food Service, Taunton , Industrial Building Maintenance Mechanic - 1st Shift, Forklift Repair, Professions , Taunton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!