Local Route CDL-A Driver - Home Daily
Company: Gordon Food Service
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Call (844) 312-0848 to learn more.
Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are
thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story
to share. See below for a quick glance of who we are and the impact
you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our
table for you...
Home Daily! Early Start 3-5AM & Work Until Route Is Complete!
Hourly Pay - Drivers Can Make $32 Within The First Year Of
Benefits After 30 days! Health, Vision & Dental! Paid Vacation,
Sick Time & PTO! 401K With Company Match & Profit Sharing!
Our drivers hold the keys to our success! As a driver for Gordon
Food Service you are important to everyone - our customers, our
company and your family. It's one of our Cornerstone Values - and
we know you need balance in life and to feel appreciated for the
time spent here with us.
What's different about Gordon Food Service?
- Our trucks are clean, safe, and well-cared for, just like we care
for our drivers
- Schedules that allow you to be home regularly
- Exceptional benefits, pay, and incentives
- High-quality, well-maintained trucks
- Dedicated to your safety
- Stability - you're guaranteed a route and paid weekly. Food is
always in season - and the Food Service industry is growing.
It's time for you to feel safe, valued, and respected.
Take a look at what it's like to be a local route delivery driver
You're home daily - here's what you'd be doing each day:
- Enjoy an established route, building great customer
- Deliver groceries to each customer site - likely 12-14 drops per
- Get a workout with loads of up to 350 lbs on a two-wheeler
- Connect with the customer to be sure their needs are met
- Use state of the industry tools to track your deliveries and
We'll teach you a lot, but we do have a few minimum
- At least 21 years of age
- Ready for technology - handheld scanners, basic computer
- Successfully passing a drug test that will assess drug usage
(including marijuana) and a background check
- CDL Class A License Required. No Automatic Restrictions
- Clean driving record; as required by DOT and Gordon Food Service
- You must be registered through the Department of Transportation
Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse and provide electronic consent in
order to be considered for employment with us effective January
6th, 2020. If you have not registered through the Clearinghouse,
click here to register
- High school diploma or GED equivalent (preferred)
Presents a positive image to Gordon Food Service (GFS) customers
through courteous, on-time, and accurate deliveries of GFS
products. Serves as liaison between GFS management and customers.
Communicates all customer issues and concerns. Operates GFS
equipment in a professional and safe manner demonstrating attention
to detail, safe work habits, working knowledge of Tractor-Trailer,
refrigerated van and the ability to deal effectively with customers
and the public.
- Ensures safe, accurate, timely, and efficient deliveries of GFS
- Build and maintain good customer relationships. Demonstrates
- Accurately collects customer payments. Safeguards company funds
and follows GFS banking policies.
- Performs all Sales Service functions by the 90th day of
- Perform proper equipment maintenance, monitor reefer
temperature, and reports mechanical issues and damages in timely
- Complete daily check-ins in a timely manner with no
- Collaborates with management and sales representatives to
communicate customer concerns.
- Perform daily pre/post trip inspection of vehicles and
equipment. Completes check in process accurately and on time.
Manage paperwork to include register, credits, pick-ups,
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with other GFS
- Maintains peer relationships in the field to share issues and
ideas. Attending department meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Ability to adhere to all safety/compliance regulations and
- Must maintain a professional appearance wearing the GFS
- This position requires punctuality, problem solving and
attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in
- Ability to work independently and also function in a team
- Must be goal oriented with a positive "can-do"
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate in the
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this job including
lifting, pushing, pulling of product.
BE PART OF AN AMAZING CULTURE WHERE WHAT MATTERS TO YOU, MATTERS TO
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their
success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate
our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate
who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of
support from their management if they are selected for the
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration
for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or
status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the
Law poster is available here:
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit
your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words "Accommodation
Request" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is
reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free. Gordon Food
Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
Call (844) 312-0848 to learn more or Apply Below
Keywords: Gordon Food Service, Taunton , Local Route CDL-A Driver - Home Daily, Professions , Taunton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!