Site Safety Manager
Company: The Middlesex Corporation
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Position Summary:The Site Safety Manager is responsible for
promoting and enforcing of the corporate Health, Safety \u0026
Environment (HSE) program and providing safety support to
construction operations. The position requires the ability to work
collaboratively with field operations to support a safe work
environment for Team Members while using independent judgment to
resolve safety related issues. Responsibilities:
- Complies with, enforces, and actively promotes all corporate
safety policies and procedures in addition to ensuring adherence to
our number one core value " Safety first in all we do.
- Assists the HSE Department in managing the overall corporate
safety program by conducting, tracking and reporting on
accident/incident, near miss reports, audits, engagement
activities, observations, orientations, trainings and other related
safety activities, as well as recordkeeping of related
- Assists the project in work planning and development of job
hazard analysis and safe work procedures Performs regular field
safety inspections, accident/incident investigations (including
root cause analysis), industrial hygiene assessments and safety
audits on active construction projects.
- Prepares daily and weekly reports on all safety
- Conducts safety orientations and training in small and large
- Performs additional assignments as required by the needs of the
Company, or as otherwise directed.Qualifications:
- Bachelor---TMs degree in a safety related field strongly
- 3-7 years of field safety experience in heavy civil
construction, transportation or related field.
- Knowledge of general construction safety and health
regulations, including OSHA.
- Certified Health \u0026 Safety Technician (CHST) certificate or
equivalent strongly preferred.
- Experience with Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) preferred.
- OSHA Authorized Construction Trainer.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong computer skills including Office 365 productivity
- Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities
and management styles.
- Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish
goals with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated, dedicated and hard working.
- Above average organizational skills.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Willing to travel within region.The Middlesex Corporation is an
-----Equal Opportunity Employer---"Minorities, Females, Veterans
and Disabled Persons---SAFELY Building America---TMs Infrastructure
Since 1972Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC)
in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety,
Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various
companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy
civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex
Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 222nd largest contractor in
the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and 50th
of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex
Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with
regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando,
Florida.The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and
Team Members living the core values ofSafetyfirst in everything we
do,Qualityin all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do
business,Professionalismin how we represent ourselves and the
company,Strong Work Ethicthat produces positive results,
andCommitmentto the Success of all Team Members and
Stakeholders.Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record
while growing into a diversified -----Top 100 ENR Company--- and
being recognized as -----One of the Best Places to Work.---Please
see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of
this job.Team Member Competitive Benefits:
- 401k Savings Plan with 25% Company Match
- Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
- Life/Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Voluntary Benefits
- Health Care Advocate
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Team Member Referral ProgramPlease complete the employment
application for consideration of employment with The Middlesex
Corporation.We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a
policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including
race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, national origin,
veteran status, sexual orientation, or other legally protected
Keywords: The Middlesex Corporation, Taunton , Site Safety Manager, Professions , Taunton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!