CDL - Driver Commercial Front-End Loader - $2,500 Sign-On Bonus!
Company: Waste Management
Posted on: October 12, 2020
CDL - Driver Commercial Front-End Loader - $2,500 Sign-On
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Thank you for your interest in Waste Management. In response to
COVID-19, we will be conducting our review process through creative
solutions. Your patience and flexibility is appreciated as our
process may involve virtual solutions and take longer than normal.
Interview process and timing may be delayed and will vary by
Job SummaryCommercial Front-End Loader Drivers operate heavy-duty
trucks with front or rear end load lift attachment. Drivers are
responsible for providing the pick-up service of containers filled
with waste or recyclable material. Containers may weigh in excess
of 1000 pounds and at times require drivers to maneuver wheeled
containers to a pick-up stage area. Driver will transport the
material to a disposal, transfer or recycle facility when trucks
reach legal load capacity. Driver navigates high traffic and
congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots. Highly skilled
backing maneuvers are essential to successfully perform this
Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesTo perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and
Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and
DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all
local, state and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and
documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle
Inspection Report). .
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related
issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs,
briefings, and meetings as required by Waste Management or directed
by the Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Manager to improve route efficiencies
and identify best practices.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions,
including blocked containers, closed lots, streets, alleyways or
potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route
- Identifies and reports all containers in need of repair or
- Ensures the number of containers on the route reconciles to the
service level listed on service list.
- Completely dumps all containers and leaves the customer s
location clean and free of debris.
- Completes and submits customer tickets as required when
excessive yardage must be removed.
- Positions and returns containers on the customer s property in
a manner that ensures lids are properly replaced. enclosure doors
are closed and secured, and containers do not block driveway
entrances or traffic.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day
documentation and check out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch
and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
QualificationsThe requirements listed below are representative of
the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Must have at least 1 year of experience operating a vehicle
requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the last 7
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen, physical,
and background check, which will include previous employment check,
criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
- Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Driver's License with an
Work EnvironmentListed below are key points regarding the physical
requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable
accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than
75 pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a
video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt,
odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and
in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
BenefitsAt Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a
competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental,
Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a
Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees
also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please
note that benefits may vary by site.If this sounds like the
opportunity that you have been looking for, please click
Keywords: Waste Management, Taunton , CDL - Driver Commercial Front-End Loader - $2,500 Sign-On Bonus!, Professions , Taunton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!