Intern - Engineer
Company: The Middlesex Corporation
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Position Summary:The Engineer-intern is responsible for daily
construction, coordination and administration activities that may
include submittal and logging of shop drawings, coding labor and
equipment, and entering work quantities. Responsibilities:
- Comply with (and actively promote) all Safety policies and
procedures including reporting all accidents, incidents and
near-misses to ensure adherence to our Number One Core Value "
Safety first, in everything we do.
- Assist the Project Manager, Project Engineer, and
Superintendent as required.
- Receive, log, and file project correspondence and shop
- Accumulate daily project quantities of work and record in
project control document.
- Assist with material deliveries, assist or take the lead in
coding materials, labor and equipment.
- Interface with vendors and subcontractors in regards to
scheduling activities, billing, and back charges.
- Compile routine correspondence as requested by the Project
- Review and code delivery slips and purchase orders as
- Assist Project Manager/Project Engineer with all aspects of
Cost Management for the project. Qualifications:
- Ongoing career towards B.S. in Civil Engineering or
construction related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office.
- Self-motivated and able to accomplish assigned tasks with
minimal supervision.Necessary Attributes:
- Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities
and management styles.
- Dedicated and hard working.
- Above average organizational skills.The Middlesex Corporation
is an -----Equal Opportunity Employer---"Minorities, Females,
Veterans and Disabled Persons--- -SAFELY Building America------s
Infrastructure Since 1972Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex
Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment
to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now
encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a
leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This
year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 222nd
largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000
construction companies and 50th of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil
Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in
Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven,
Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.The sustained success is a result
of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values
ofSafetyfirst in everything we do,Qualityin all we offer, Integrity
in the way we act and do business,Professionalismin how we
represent ourselves and the company,Strong Work Ethicthat produces
positive results, andCommitmentto the Success of all Team Members
and Stakeholders.Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record
while growing into a diversified -----Top 100 ENR Company--- - and
being recognized as -----One of the Best Places to Work.--- -Please
see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of
this job.Team Member Competitive Benefits:
- 401k Savings Plan with 25% Company Match
- Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
- Life/Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Voluntary Benefits
- Health Care Advocate
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Team Member Referral ProgramPlease complete the employment
application for consideration of employment with The Middlesex
Corporation.We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a
policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including
race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, national origin,
veteran status, sexual orientation, or other legally protected
Keywords: The Middlesex Corporation, Taunton , Intern - Engineer, Other , Taunton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...