HEMP/ EMI Engineer
Company: General Dynamics Mission Systems
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, or a
related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field. Also requires 8+
years of job-related experience, or a Master's degree plus 6 years
of job-related experience.CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Department of
Defense Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security
investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to
classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within
our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required. Responsibilities for
Imagine a world-class engineering environment. Now add a team of
exceptional talent along with technologies that are so advanced
they're often classified. That's what you'll find at General
Dynamics Mission Systems. Here you'll lead amazing engineers as
they invent the technologies, products and services that help our
service members, intelligence analysts and first responders keep
our nation safe. If you want the chance to lead, it's time to bring
your talent to General Dynamics Mission Systems.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence,
Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our
customers' missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar and
everything in between.
The experienced HEMP/ EMI Engineer (High-Altitude Electromagnetic
Pulse (HEMP) / Electromagnetic Interference (EMI)) will be
responsible and accountable for the electrical technical planning,
scheduling, cost analysis, risk analysis and successful execution
of small to medium programs or the major electrical subsystems of a
larger program containing substantial electrical content. You'll
have substantial influence as a team lead and contributor on the
electrical requirements analysis, requirements definition,
requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis
(e.g. timing, power, etc.), interface analysis and definition for
the design, integration and verification of electrical components,
equipment and systems.
What you'll experience:
- Technologies that aren't just top-notch, they're often
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what's next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it's discoveredWhat
you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, a related
specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience)
plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's
degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
- Highly proficient in the use and understanding of electrical
engineering concepts, principles, and theories; frequent
contributor to the development of new theories and methods
- Proven, effective leadership skills to guide work groups and
programs to successful completion
- Exceptional knowledge of the electrical engineering
- Ability to travel as neededWhat You will be Doing:
- HEMP/EMI Engineer will oversee the analysis, design, component
selection, development, and installation of shielding, for
equipment and systems to satisfy the EMI/ EMP/ HEMP requirements
for several different platforms.
- Work with Systems Engineering Teams to design shelter-based
- Thorough knowledge of EMI/ EMP/ HEMP design practices.
- Develop designs, specifications, cost estimations & selection
of shielding materials, penetrations, filters, etc.
- Experience with the following specifications and standards:
MIL-STD-188-125-1/2; MIL-HDBK-419; MIL-STD-461; MIL-STD-464;
MIL-HDBK-423; and MIL-STD-2169.
- Experience with modelling and simulation tools to analyze
effects on various RF/Audio/Digital/Power interface components and
recommend mitigation strategies.
- Experienced with specifications and designs for EMI/EMP/HEMP
equipment and facility grounding.
- Create unique designs for Electromagnetic Interference/
Compatibility (EMI/ EMC) and Nuclear and Lightning Electromagnetic
- Support EMI/EMP/HEMP Verification Testing including at outside
and customer test facilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, or a related
Science, Engineering or Mathematics field, plus a minimum of 8
years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of
6 years of relevant experience.What sets you apart:
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to
communicate project issues and impacts
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Keeps abreast of technology trends
- Effectively handle complex assignments independently or in
multiple work groups#LI-Hybrid#CJ1
Target salary range: USD $135,900.00/Yr. - USD $150,900.00/Yr. This
estimate represents the typical salary range for this position
based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.).
Actual pay may vary. Company Overview
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse
portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that
enable customers to successfully execute missions across all
domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top
professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the
bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given
the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty,
alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits
and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared
sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment
where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and
what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented
Keywords: General Dynamics Mission Systems, Taunton , HEMP/ EMI Engineer, Other , Taunton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!