Posted on: November 21, 2022
At ADT Commercial, we are in the business of helping people and
organizations to protect what matters most to them. Building upon
ADT's 145-year legacy, we secure the livelihoods and futures of
critical commercial environments, retail location, educational
campuses, healthcare facilities and financial institutions across
the U.S. as an industry-leading security, fire and life safety
systems integrator. We strive to have the most experienced and
technically trained and talented teams in the industry, driven by
excellence at every turn. At ADT Commercial, we truly believe that
our people are the difference for our organization, the customers
we serve and the communities we protect. When you're a part of ADT
Commercial, you'll have the opportunity to be a part of that
difference every day. With more than 300 locations, a deep national
presence, and comprehensive portfolio of solutions and services,
our employees are always poised for career advancement and growth.
For more information, visit www.adtcommercial.com or follow us on
LinkedIn and Facebook.
The basic function of this position is to professionally perform
routine inspections, testing, and preventive maintenance of fire
alarm systems and other fire safety product lines. Works with
minimal supervision and provides specialized training and direction
to less senior inspectors and trainees.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Conducts fire inspections, tests, and service of fire alarm
systems and other safety product lines according to prescribed
- Must have an ability to proctor, coach, and teach
- Verifies proper operation; prepares accurate and timely
documentation for work performed.
- Interfaces with service management to ensure that all work is
- Interfaces with customers to explain work to be performed and
answers their questions.
- Resolves customer concerns as quickly and effectively as
- Must ensure customer satisfaction and a positive customer
- Prepares inspection/ deficiency reports for submission to
- Maintains and organizes truck inventory (equipment/parts and
tools) to ensure proper response to customers' needs.
- Must adhere to company safety policies and procedures.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Skills & Experience):
- Minimum of High School/Vocational training.
- Must have three or more years of experience.
- Must possess all required skills for Fire Test & Inspector Tech
I plus the following: Directly related experience inspecting fire
safety industry-related equipment, including at least two (2) years
as an inspector.
- Must be very proficient and able to train others in the use of
ADT Commercial's applications for personal computers and proficient
using Microsoft Office.
- Required to have a full understanding of NFPA 72 NEC IBC and
- Experience may be obtained by progressing through internal
inspector positions or with companies where similar experience is
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to clear a drug
- Must possess NICET Level I in Inspection and Testing of Fire
- Must obtain NICET Level II in Inspection and Testing of Fire
Alarm Systems within one (1) year.
- Must obtain and retain any licenses that are required by state
and/or local codes.
- Exposure to outside weather conditions, risk of electrical
shock, and harsh work environments.
- The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to:
- Stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; reach with hands
and arms; push; pull; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl; talk and hear.
- Use vision abilities including: close, distance, peripheral,
depth, and color.
- Work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions/circumstances
such as with ladders, scaffolding, high lift equipment, wires,
ducts, crawl spaces, attics, above ceilings, etc.
- Lift, move, and hold up to approximately 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work a full-time, flexible schedule with on
call availability and must be able to travel on short
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle (day and evenings) for
extended time periods.
ADT Commercial LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive
workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where
every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and
help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best
talent working in an environment where employees feel included and
recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.
Keywords: ADT, Taunton , Fire Inspector, Other , Taunton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!