Superintendent - Rail
Company: The Middlesex Corporation
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Location: Taunton, MA
Date Posted: 08/03/22
Salary Interval: Salary
SAFELY Building America's Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972.
Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and
Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies
throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil
construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex
Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 222nd largest contractor in
the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and 50th
of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex
Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with
regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando,
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team
Members living the core values ofSafetyfirst in everything we
do,Qualityin all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do
business,Professionalismin how we represent ourselves and the
company,Strong Work Ethicthat produces positive results,
andCommitmentto the Success of all Team Members and
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing
into a diversified "Top 100 ENR Company" and being recognized as
"One of the Best Places to Work."
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work
environment of this job.
Team Member Competitive Benefits:
- 401k Savings Plan with 25% Company Match
- Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
- Life/Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Voluntary Benefits
- Health Care Advocate
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Team Member Referral Program
Please complete the employment application for consideration of
employment with The Middlesex Corporation.
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of
non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race,
color, age, sex, religion, disability, national origin, veteran
status, sexual orientation, or other legally protected status.
The Superintendent - Rail is accountable for planning, organizing,
directing units and managing all personnel and activities related
to infrastructure construction and operations. The Track
Superintendent ensures that the quality of work and materials are
upheld and that the schedule is followed as planned as well as
enforces and adheres to Company's safety policies and
- Comply with (and actively promote) all Safety policies and
procedures including reporting all accidents, incidents and near
misses to ensure adherence to our Number One Core Value - Safety,
first in everything we do.
- Organize and plan the job with the Project Manager and assist
- Direct oversight responsibility of time sheets for labor and
equipment, as well as daily reports complete with quantities
- Develop and maintain client, subcontractor and team member
- Responsible for maintaining and managing the overall bridge
- Review, maintain, and monitor crew's productivity and goals
- Review cost reports monthly, initiate field change requests,
and prepare vendor or subcontractor back charges with the Project
- Enforce quality control and Company safety policies on all
aspects of construction.
- Follows the project construction process and schedule to ensure
that work is completed on time.
- Review and submit weekly accountability reports.
- Have a clear understanding of pay parameters and specifications
- Provide General Superintendent with a three week look ahead
- Conduct daily huddles, stretching exercises, and weekly Tool
Box Talk with crew.
- Provide Job Hazard Analysis prior to new work activities and
review with crew.
- Develop material handling plans with Foremen.
- Identify extra work or change of conditions and report to
Project Manager/Project Engineer.
- Ensure that delivery receipts are collected and submitted to
- B.S. in Civil/Transportation Engineering.
- Must have at least 5 years' experience in a heavy civil
track/rail construction environment.
- OSHA 10.
- Knowledge of ballasted, embedded track and transit operations
with respect to trades that relate to infrastructure maintenance
and construction, railroad industry safety standards, material
procurement and labor contracts.
- Extensive experience in the repair, testing, troubleshooting,
maintenance, reconstruction, rehabilitation and installation of
track and infrastructure components of a rapid transit system.
- Ability to schedule track outages with work train usage and
- Capable of estimating with respect to manpower and material
support of operating and capital work and providing required
tooling and equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Middlesex Corporation is an "Equal Opportunity
Employer-Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons"
Keywords: The Middlesex Corporation, Taunton , Superintendent - Rail, Other , Taunton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!