CNC Machinist Turning Department (EWD)
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Join our organization within our Global Machining Operations.
This position would join over 200+ professionals who work within
our world class 50,000 Sq. FT. Machining/Manufacturing facility, w/
over 90+ start of the art CNC machines and technologies. We are
looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual to work in
our fast paced multifaceted work environment utilizing a variety of
CNC lathe and CNC Milling technologies to produce machined
components for our biotechnology products.Theposition requires
set-up and operation abilitiesof more than onemulti-axis machine
such as Nakamura-Tome (WT-100, WT-150, WT-250),Okuma (LU), Hardinge
(GT or Conquest) orMori-Seiki (NL, NLX, NTX, SL).Inspection of
ownand other associates parts, computer skills, ability to read and
edit programs and make sound decisionswhen presented withissues is
required. Excellent communication skills are paramount as working
on multiple machines with associates is a required function.This
opening is a Day Shift position for Thursday, Friday and Saturday
from 07:30AM to 08:00PM. Shift comes with a 7% shift
- Safely set-up and operate multiple CNC equipment with minimal
- Ability to simultaneously operate more than one CNC machine at
- Read and adhere to all written processes.
- Inspect product utilizing visual and hand inspection equipment
(microscopes, vernier calipers, micrometers, drop indicators,
profilometer, CMM, etc.).
- Inspect, change and make offsets to cutting tooling in CNC
- Use 5S to maintain a clean and safe workspace.
- Perform daily preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Interact in a professional manner with coworkers across various
shifts on a daily basis.
- Vocational trades school, high school diploma or equivalent
preferred (formal trades or apprenticeship programs preferred)
and/or 5 years plus machining experience.
- Able to read complex engineering drawings and fundamental
understanding of GD&T.
- Perform basic math.
- Basic computer skill required (Outlook, Microsoft Office,
Prolink, Machine Metrics, etc.).
- Position requires a commitment to accelerated development using
a variety of training methods both internal and external to
- All training will be developed and implemented based upon the
candidate experience level.
- Be able to drive to root cause.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Self-starter and motivated to perform under well a fast-paced
environment.Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading
specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass
spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life,
materials, and food sciences for more than 60 years. With more than
7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 35
countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, with products
available in more than 100 countries. Our team focuses on creating
business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations to
enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery,
environmental management, food safety, and water quality. Working
at Waters enables our employees to unlock the potential of their
careers. Our global team is driven by purpose. We strive to be
better, learn and improve every day in everything we do. Were the
problem solvers and innovators that arent afraid to take risks to
transform the world of human health and well-being. Were all in it
together delivering benefit as one to provide the insights needed
today in order to solve the challenges of tomorrow. Diversity and
inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation.
It is our responsibility to actively implement programs and
practices to drive inclusive behavior and increase diversity across
the organization. We are united by diversity and thrive on it for
the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our
community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and
is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal
employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status,
disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status.
Keywords: Waters, Taunton , CNC Machinist Turning Department (EWD), Other , Taunton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!