Fleet Mechanic B
Company: Performance Food Group
Posted on: June 10, 2021
A Fleet Technician B primarily focuses on the preventative
maintenance of the fleet diesel equipment. A B level Technician may
occasionally be responsible for operating a fleet shop in absence
of a Fleet Shop Manager or Lead Technician.
Through their knowledge of the distribution industry, the Fleet
team works to reduce costs, ensure compliance standards and assist
locations with value added solutions to provide well maintained
equipment for employees' use.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Complete preventative maintenance of fleet diesel
- Complete minor repairs of fleet diesel equipment (tractors,
trailers, refrigeration units).
- Complete thorough documentation for work orders of repairs and
preventative maintenance through the online Enterprise Asset
- Ensure equipment has required licensing and registration prior
to being deemed as "roadworthy".
- Install, replace, and repair onboard computers (XRS or XataNet)
and/or cameras (Drive Cam).
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Work in a safe manner, per company, local, state and federal
policies and regulations.
- Train other employees.
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of one year related experience.
- Must possess own tools.
- Valid Driver's License to operate applicable company
- Acceptable motor vehicle record in compliance with Department
of Transportation regulations.
- Ability to work any schedule, including nights, weekends and
- Ability to utilize an on board computer and desktop
- Ability to read and speak English sufficiently to be able to
converse with the public, understand highway traffic signs and
signals, respond to official questions, and be able to make legible
entries on reports and records.
- Ability to frequently lift, push and/or pull weights in excess
of 50 pounds, occasionally lift, push and/or pull weights in excess
of 100 pounds.
- Some travel may be required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug
- ASE Certifications.
- Trade school diploma or certification.
- Commercial Driver's License.
Keywords: Performance Food Group, Taunton , Fleet Mechanic B, Other , Taunton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!