Company: Performance Food Group
Posted on: June 9, 2021
The Buyer is responsible for purchasing items for
wholesale/distribution, mainly responsible for Grocery purchases,
ensuring the items are at the highest quality possible and are at
the volume and dollar amount specified when ordered. Familiar with
a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures. Relies
on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Monitor inventory to ensure product quality and turnover for
maximum return on investment.
- Monitor and maintain product gross margins relative to targeted
- May purchase propriety items.
- Ensure products purchased are at the highest quality
- Work closely with vendors, brokers/suppliers.
- Must be familiar with products and market trends.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or GED.
- 1+ years buyer level foodservice experience.
- Must be organized with excellent communications skills and can
effectively solve problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be detailed oriented, organized, self motivated, dedicated
to customer service, and able to multi-task with tight deadlines;
possess the ability to understand how to obtain company goals, and
remain calm under pressure.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug
- College degree.
- Food service distribution experience.
Keywords: Performance Food Group, Taunton , Buyer, Other , Taunton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!