Granite City Electric Supply is the area's premiere electrical
distributor serving electrical contractors as well as residential,
commercial and industrial customers for over 90 years. With
branches covering Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire,
Vermont and Connecticut, we are the largest regional independent
electrical supply company and the official distributor of
electrical supplies to the Boston Red Sox.
In addition to standard benefits, Granite City Electric offers a
company 401K match and profit sharing, competitive health benefits
with telehealth, up to $450 in health & wellness reimbursement,
employee assistance program, company provided uniforms, referral
incentives and monthly warehouse bonus incentives. Select positions
offer sign on and tenure bonuses.
Granite City is looking for a professional Night Delivery Driver
to join our delivery team in Taunton, MA! Approximate hours are
8:30 PM-5:00 AM, Monday-Friday. We offer competitive pay as well as
incentives and the hourly wage for this position is $22.00. The
Granite City Delivery Driver will load the truck, drive to customer
locations, unload and deliver product in a timely, efficient and
safe manner, as well as assist in warehouse duties when needed.
Maintain vehicle in good condition and ensure paperwork is current
and accurate. He/she will provide superior customer service,
delivering product on-time, accurately and professionally. Check
out all the Driver Benefits at GCE!
Jobs at Granite City Electric | Granite City Electric
- Customer service is essential; electrical or construction
knowledge is a plus.
- Must be able to have a valid, unexpired, Medical DOT Card.
- Must be able to drive professionally and must hold valid,
unexpired driver's license.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with internal and
- Must possess good math and reading skills.
- Must have mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to understand maps/GPS.
- Ability to lift up to 70lbs on a repetitive and ongoing
- Ability to walk/stand/sit.
- Ability to push/pull up to 70lbs repetitively.
- Must be able to bend, twist and stoop frequently.
- Must be able to climb in and out of truck routinely.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years professional box truck driving experience
- Ability to drive a 26' box truck required.
- Knowledge of and experience with forklift operations and
warehouse equipment preferred.
- Eclipse software experience preferred; computer aptitude is
- Equivalent education or experience may be substituted for any
of the above.
- Valid driver's license, clean driving record, and Medical DOT
- Deliver material to customers in an efficient and safe
- Conduct pre & post trip inspections.
- Ensure truck is in safe operating condition and looks clean and
- Effectively communicate with internal customers, such as sales
associates and operations associates to ensure customer
- Effectively communicate with external customers while providing
first class delivery service.
- Provide feedback to the supervisors to maintain efficiency in
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of Granite City Electric
policies and procedures, participate in training, and attend
meetings as requested.
- Must be professional at all times and have a professional
- Participate in processes and programs aimed at promoting a safe
- Follow all SOP's for the position, maintain high order accuracy
and on-time delivery.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Granite City offers competitive wages and great benefits
including, medical, dental, vision, life, STD/LTD, 401k, vacation,
holiday, sick and more! Join our team and work among the best in
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment
are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test and
The employer uses E-Verify.