Warehouse Receiving Associate
Company: Granite City Electric Supply
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Granite City Electric Supply is the area's premiere electrical
distributor serving electrical contractors as well as residential,
commercial and industrial customers for over 90 years. With
branches covering Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire,
Vermont and Connecticut, we are the largest regional independent
electrical supply company and the official distributor of
electrical supplies to the Boston Red Sox.
In addition to standard benefits, Granite City Electric offers a
company 401K match and profit sharing, competitive health benefits
with telehealth, up to $450 in health & wellness reimbursement,
employee assistance program, company provided uniforms, referral
incentives and monthly warehouse bonus incentives. Select positions
offer sign on and tenure bonuses.
Granite City Electric is looking to hire a Warehouse Receiving
Associate for our Taunton, MA location. The Warehouse Receiving
Associate will perform both perform both clerical and physical
warehouse duties such as inventory management, receiving, storing,
picking, and shipment of materials. Additional details are listed
- Moves material in a safe manner manually or by using forklift,
pallet jack, handcart or another device.
- Accurately counts, checks, prepares, and locates items being
received or shipped.
- Assists with the maintenance of inventory and the upkeep of the
- Completes paperwork, documentation, and data input in
accordance with established procedures.
- Assembles electrical wire leads based on work order and color
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge of GCE policies and
procedures, general product knowledge, participates in training,
and attends meetings as requested.
- Acts in helpful and cooperative manner towards customers and
- Participates in processes and programs aimed at promoting a
safe work environment.
- Must acquire a working knowledge of the Eclipse software
- Maintaining GCE Lots/Reels program through Eclipse.
- Assists in monthly "Rapid Reel" inventory and the proper
storage of the reels.
- Assists in wire machine preventative maintenance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of forklift operations and warehouse equipment
- Previous electrical wire/cable cutting experience a plus.
- Equivalent education or experience may be substituted for any
of the above.
- Embrace GCE core values; Pride, Accountability, Integrity and
Respect and apply to each business interaction; internal and
- A strong focus on keeping GCE risk-free from copper/wire
- Good mechanical aptitude, good math, communication and reading
- Ability to interact successfully with all levels of the
- Ability to work in and contribute to a team environment.
- Ability to work independently to meet assigned project
- Must be able to demonstrate reliability by arriving to work on
time and taking breaks in expected time frames.
- Adaptability / flexibility / willing to change & adjust with
- Coachable & actively participates in coaching process.
- Team player, Multi-tasker.
- Works with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to lift between 70 lbs - 125 lbs on a repetitive and
- Ability to walk/stand all day.
- Must be able to bend and stoop frequently.
Granite City offers competitive wages, great benefits including
medical, dental, vision, life, STD/LTD, 401k, vacation, holiday,
sick and more! Join our team and work among the best in the
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment
are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify.
Keywords: Granite City Electric Supply, Taunton , Warehouse Receiving Associate, Other , Taunton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!