About the Position: This position is with the 99th Readiness
Division, Area Maintenance Support Activity 163, located at
This position requires an active membership as a Soldier in the
Army Reserve before a start date can be set. To learn more about
minimum qualifications to join the Army Reserve, visit http://www.goarmy.com/reserve/jobs.html
Learn more about this agency
- Conduct Inspections
- Troubleshoot electrical equipment issues
- Diagnose malfunctions
- Make repairs to electrical equipment
- Replace electrical items
- Make final operational tests
- Provide guidance on electrical equipment
Occasional travel - The business travel requirement is 5%.
2604 Electronics Mechanic
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness
determination, as determined by a completed background
- This position requires membership in the US Army Reserves
- This position requires a Secret security clearance.
- This position requires a valid State Driver's license.
- This position requires a pre-employment physical.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including
volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace
Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional;
philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social).
You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including
There is no specific length of training or experience required.
However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown
in your written application materials that you possess the
sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform
the work of this position without more than normal supervision.
Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element): Ability to do the
work of a(n) Electronics Mechanic~ without more than normal
supervision. To meet the screen out element, applicants should
document experience or show the ability to do the following :
perform common inspections of electronic equipment, use test
equipment to diagnose malfunctions, troubleshoot to determine cause
of malfunction. Complete repairs of electronic equipment using hand
and power tools. Failure to meet this Screen out Element will
result in an ineligible rating.
- Ability To Do The Work Of The Position Without More Than Normal
Supervision (Screen-out Element)
- Ability To Use Hand and Power Tools - Electronics
- Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, Repair,
- Trouble shooting (Electronic Equipment)
Physical Effort Required: Frequently lifts subassemblies or
small weapons weighing 15 to 20 pounds. Often carries large
assemblies or weapons weighing up to 50 pounds. Work requires
walking, bending, and long periods of standing.
Working Conditions: Works in shop buildings that are well
lighted, heated, and ventilated. Stands on concrete floors or other
hard surfaces for long periods. Exposed to oil, grease, and
solvents when cleaning and lubricating weapons. Subject to noise
when test firing weapons.
This job does not have an education qualification