Software Engineer Full Stack .NET / Angular / Typescript (Multiple Levels)
Company: FM Global
Posted on: January 8, 2022
More information about this job:Overview:FM Global is a leading
property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more
than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with
engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions.
FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business
operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention
engineering and research; risk management skills and support
services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior
financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally
diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in
a variety of challenging roles. Join an agile development team at
FM Global that designs, builds, and implements innovative
applications that enable our multi-billion-dollar business. These
teams expertly design and develop applications and services that
provide critical data from our transactional systems to drive
business processes throughout the company and for our customers.
Responsibilities:You will emphasize partnership and servant
leadership within your team and the organization. You will
collaborate with your team members to craft and implement
multi-tiered enterprise solutions that are feature rich,
performant, and maintain a high degree of test automation. You will
actively participate and contribute to technical discussions and
code reviews. You will work to improve your skills and capabilities
and those of other developers within your agile chapter through
experimentation, training, and knowledge sharing.As a Software
Engineer you bring:
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to delivery.
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to collaborate
openly within a fast-moving team.
- A deep desire to learn and apply technology in a pragmatic way
to create client value.
- Experience designing and building systems that are
maintainable, evolvable, and highly tested. Qualifications: 2+
years of in-depth experience in object-oriented business
application design and development in a multi-tiered environment.
At least one year in a development leadership capacity is a plus!
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Strong proficiency with C#, .NET, data structures, basic
algorithms, and applying object-oriented principles and design
- Strong understanding of architectural principles of software
development, data modelling, and security.
- Strong proficiency with development tools such as Visual Studio
- Proficiency with relational databases design and query
construction and optimization (SQL Server preferred).
- Experience developing database stored procedures using T/SQL or
- Experience building Desktop applications with technologies such
as WPF, UWP, or Windows Forms.
- Experience building Web applications with technologies such as
Angular, React, or ASP.NET.
- Experiencing with Angular web development including Typescript,
NgRx, RxJs, or Redux is preferred.
- Experience designing and implementing efficient RESTful
- Experience with Object-Relational tools such as Entity
Framework, EF Core, Dapper, or NHibernate.
- Experience implementing unit and integration tests with NUnit,
xUnit, MS Test, Selenium or similar.
- Experience with agile methodologies and frameworks.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively participate in peer code reviews and
pull requests, both as the reviewer and the reviewee.
- Self-motivated to stay current in development technologies,
tools, and implementation patterns and a desire to share this
knowledge within teams and the broader organization. Additional not
required but preferred:
- Experience with advanced SQL topics such as CTE, Change Data
Capture, and Temporal Tables.
- Experience with authentication within REST based services using
OAuth or OpenID Connect.
- Experience with fine grained authorization within REST based
- Experience with event driven architecture.
- Experience with Azure, specifically service bus or event grid.
EducationBachelors degree in Computer Science, Information
Technology, or a related discipline. Advanced degree and
certification are desirable. We offer our employees a wide range of
benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition
reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health
and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer
days and so much more! FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse
workforce. Please note that all FM Global visitors, including
external candidates interviewing for open positions will be
required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof
Keywords: FM Global, Taunton , Software Engineer Full Stack .NET / Angular / Typescript (Multiple Levels), IT / Software / Systems , Taunton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!