Software Engineer (Dynamics 365)(Multiple Levels)
Company: FM Global
Posted on: January 6, 2022
More information about this job:Overview:FM Global is a leading
property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more
than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with
engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions.
FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business
operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention
engineering and research; risk management skills and support
services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior
financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally
diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in
a variety of challenging roles.
Responsibilities:We currently have an opening for a Dynamics 365
Senior Software Engineer. These multi-tiered client/server business
applications may be transactional or analytical in nature.
Individuals holding this position may be assigned to project teams,
work independently, or lead others on a project team, as assigned.
This is the second level in the Software Engineering job
- Designs, develops, maintains and enhances multi-tiered,
client/server business applications.
- Incumbents must have a thorough understanding of available
technology, tools, and existing designs, and collaborate with
business staff, IT colleagues and other stakeholders to evaluate
defined complex business requirements and processes, assess
available technologies, determine infrastructure, and recommend
- Incumbent's design and build application solutions which may
involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware,
technologies, and tools. Qualifications:TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE:
- In-depth Dynamics 365 development experience required.
- Structured and object-oriented design, development, and
implementation of business applications in current computing
- Systems Development Life Cycle as pertains to software
- Working knowledge of relevant technologies, tools, and
middleware, including development technologies and scripting
languages (e.g., .Net, C#, VB, VB.Net, ASP, ASP. Net, SSIS, SSRS,
MSMQ, Biztalk, Oracle, SQL Server, stored procedures, HTML/XML/XSL,
COM, DCOM, ODBC, ADO, etc.).
- (Enterprise Data Services only) Knowledge of relevant
technologies, tools, and extract, transfer, and load technologies
(e.g., Unix shell scripts, PL SQL, Oracle Transparent Gateway, ETL
(Extraction Transformation & Loading) tools.
- Conceptual knowledge of information technologies in distributed
client/server environments.-TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Application development using current computing architectures
and environments (e.g., multi-tiered Client/Server Web).
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to estimate development tasks for small to medium sized
- Several of the following: Server Side and Client-Side
development techniques, object-oriented design and development,
multi-threading, choosing Transports, Clustering, Distributed
Offline, developing for optimal network performance, selection of
- Expertise across multiple technologies including servers,
browsers, 3rd party utilities/tools for integrating application
components with database management systems and legacy
- Project management: planning and executing projects from vision
- Self-motivated to stay current in development technologies,
tools, and techniques.-SOFT SKILLS:
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability
to translate technical concepts as appropriate to the level of the
- Ability to work self-directed and as part of a team on projects
of varying size; works well on cross-functional project teams and
shows commitment to tasks, project, and to team.-Education4 Years
College Degree/Bachelors in Computer Science, Information
technology, or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
and technical training with a non-related Bachelor degree.5 Years
in-depth experience in object-oriented business application design
and development in a complex client server environment.-We offer
our employees a wide range of benefits including career long
learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension,
flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous
time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more! FM Global is
an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting,
developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.-Please note that all
FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for
open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be
prepared to provide proof of vaccination. --
Keywords: FM Global, Taunton , Software Engineer (Dynamics 365)(Multiple Levels), IT / Software / Systems , Taunton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!