Overnight Delivery Driver Helper
Company: Gordon Food Service
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Call (844) 312-0848 to learn more.
Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are
thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story
to share. See below for a quick glance of who we are and the impact
you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our
table for you...
We are looking for the next overnight delivery driver helper!
Location: Taunton MA
Can work up to 5 nights - Sunday - Friday
Shift starts at 9pm & work until the route is complete.
Pay: $19.00/hr - Full time, Benefits, 401K with Company Match &
Come Grow with Us! We're hiring Driver Helper to help us as we
continue to expand our fleet. For you, it's a great way to get to
know our business and prepare to help our truck delivery routes in
Our Driver Helpers are an essential part of our customer
experience, delivering smaller loads, the unexpected order, or
taking care of an emergency.
What's different about Gordon Food Service?
- Committed schedules that allow you to be home daily
- Exceptional benefits, pay, and incentives
- High-quality, well-maintained equipment
- Dedicated to your safety
- Everyone is important - especially our Driver Helper teams!
We depend upon our Helpers to meet the needs of our customers
(restaurants, hospitals & education centers) as valued
representatives of the Gordon Food Service image by providing
exceptional, accurate deliveries.
You're home daily - here's what you'd be doing each day:
- Keep our customer happy with accurate, timely, deliveries of GFS
- Build and maintain good customer relationships
- Help deliver products to customer locations within delivery
window time frames
- Exercise safe lifting best practices and work safely at all
- Handle customer concerns in a positive and professional
- Do physical work (repetitive lifting)
- Be self-motivated and able to work well independently and within
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Put a strong emphasis on attendance and punctuality
We'll teach you a lot, but we do have a few minimum
- At least 18 years of age
- Ability to operate a two-wheel cart with loads of up to 350
- Successfully passing a drug test that will assess drug usage
(including marijuana) and a background check
- Ready for technology - handheld scanners, basic computer
- High school diploma or GED equivalent (preferred)
Presents a positive image to Gordon Food Service (GFS) customers
through supporting the Transportation Department in making
courteous, on-time, accurate deliveries. Provide service in a safe
manner demonstrating attention to detail, safe work habits, and the
ability to deal effectively with customers.
- Assists Sales Service Representative / Chain Driver to ensure
safe, accurate, timely, and efficient deliveries of GFS
- Builds and maintains courteous customer relationships.
- Completes check-ins in a timely manner with no errors.
- Collaborates with management and Sales Service Representative /
Chain Driver to communicate customer concerns.
- Develops and maintains a good working relationship with other
- Provides Sales Service Representative / Chain Driver assistance
with paperwork to include register, credits, pick-ups, e
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Ensures safe, accurate, timely, and efficient deliveries of GFS
- Ability to display customer service in a courteous, friendly
- Accurately collects customer payments. Safeguards company funds
and follows GFS banking policy
- Performs proper equipment maintenance, monitors reefer
temperature, and reports mechanical issues and damages in timely
- Collaborates with management and drivers to communicate
- Manages paperwork to include register, credits, pick-ups,
- Maintains peer relationships in the field to share issues and
ideas. Attending department meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned.
BE PART OF AN AMAZING CULTURE WHERE WHAT MATTERS TO YOU, MATTERS TO
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their
success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate
our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate
who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of
support from their management if they are selected for the
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration
for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or
status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the
Law poster is available here:
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit
your request to email@example.com and use the words "Accommodation
Request" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is
reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free. Gordon Food
Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
Call (844) 312-0848 to learn more or Apply Below
Keywords: Gordon Food Service, Taunton , Overnight Delivery Driver Helper, Hospitality & Tourism , Taunton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!