Posted on: January 17, 2023
Caregiving is our Calling
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day.
In hospice, you'll be a true advocate for patients at the end of
life while maintaining autonomy and independence to support their
If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you
can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every
day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current state certification (or registration) as a nurse
assistant as per state certification/registration
- Has not had a consecutive 24-month lapse in furnishing services
for compensation; if so, the individual must complete another
training and competency program before providing services.
- Meets federal/state requirements for this position. Hospice
Aide (HA) competence will conform with requirements in the Medicare
Conditions of Participation found in 42CFR 418.76. Must be able to
successfully pass the competency program of the care center.
- Upon hire, will have completed one of the following:
- Training (at least 75-hours) and competency evaluation, the
content of which addresses all subjects listed at 42CFR 418.76 (b)
- A competency evaluation program that meets the requirements of
42CFR 418.76 (c).
- A nurse aide (at least 75-hours) training and competency
evaluation program approved by the State as meeting the
requirements of - 483.151 through - 483.154, and is currently
listed in good standing on the State nurse aide registry.
- A State licensure program [42CFR 418.76(a)(1)(iv)].
- Current CPR certification.
- Six (6+) months of direct patient experience within the
timeframe of two (2) years, in an institution or care center
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital
status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military
status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we
have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide
and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental,
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and
Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Keywords: Amedisys, Taunton , Hospice Aide, Healthcare , Taunton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!