Food Service Director
Company: Next Step Healthcare
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Full Time PositionWedgemereHealthcare is currently seeking a
Food Service DirectorCOMPANY OVERVIEW:At Next Step Healthcare, we
are driven to provide each of our patients with an experience that
exceeds their expectations. Whether you are a short-term patient
with rehabilitation needs after a hospital stay or a long-term
patient with chronic and complex care needs, our skilled nursing
facilities are designed to offer personalized healthcare.POSITION
SUMMARY:The Food Service Director plans and directs the Nursing
Home Food Service staff to ensure safe, nutritious, cost effective
meals and snacks for residents. Although interdisciplinary effort
is required, Director of Food Services responsibilities include but
are not limited to; meal time scheduling, menus, kitchen rounds,
inventory, budgeting, supplies, food orders, staffing, overtime,
hiring, infection control, greeting new residents, dining room
rounds, grievances, meal accuracy, diet accuracy, safe workplace,
harmonious workplace, customer service, policies and procedures,
federal and state compliance. The Food Service Director must
possess excellent leadership skills and have an ability to
- Inspects Dietary Department daily to ensure that it is safe and
- Inspects storage areas on a weekly basis for proper
temperatures, cleanliness, and order. Assists in cleaning
procedures as needed.
- Submits written reports to administration as necessary.
- Plans nutritionally balanced & therapeutic meals that reflect
the likes and dislikes of residents, as well as Public Health
- Is responsible for food purchase, production, and timely
service of meals.
- Directs and supervises all dietary functions and
- Purchases food products from approved vendors.
- Maintains cost records and works to meet budget
- Monitors monthly expenditures.
- Hires, orients, trains, counsels, disciplines, and when
appropriate, terminates dietary employees.
- Schedules work hours and assignments and reviews staff work
- Participates in department head meetings.
- Participates in monthly QAPI meeting and prepares reports
- Participates in the Manager on Duty programQUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be knowledgeable of Federal and State rules and
regulations regarding nursing home dietary requirements
- Graduate of a culinary or nutritional program, preferred
- Certified Dietary Manager Certification, required
- Prior food service experience in a healthcare setting,
- Prior food service experience in long-term care setting,
- Prior supervisory experience, preferred
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendanceBenefits
include but not limited to:
- Paid time off (vacation, sick, holiday)
- Medical through BCBS
- Life Insurance
- Life Assistance Program
- Home and Auto Insurance Discounts
- Verizon wireless discounts (22% discount)
- Six Flags discountsNext Step Healthcare is an equal opportunity
employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an
inclusive workplace for all employees.
Keywords: Next Step Healthcare, Taunton , Food Service Director, Executive , Taunton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!