Supply Chain Manager - Taunton - Top Employer!
Company: Prysmian Group
Posted on: June 24, 2022
About Prysmian Group
Prysmian Group is the world leader in the energy and telecom cable
systems industry. Each year, the Group manufacturers thousands of
miles of underground and submarine cables and systems for power
transmission and distribution, as well as medium low voltage cables
for the construction and infrastructure sectors. We also produce a
comprehensive range of optical fibers, copper cables and
connectivity for voice, video, and data transmission for the
We are almost 29,000 employees, across 52 countries. Everyone at
Prysmian Group has the potential to make their mark; because
whatever you do, wherever you are based, you will be part of a
company that is helping transform the world around us.
Team Overview and Job Responsibilities
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for managing the Logistics
/ Supply Chain functions for the Taunton plant; including raw
material planning and releases; master scheduling and finite
scheduling the production activities; warehousing, inventory
control, transportation, and distribution functions for raw
materials, WIP, and finished goods supporting a power cable
manufacturing plant. The plant operates 24 hours a day, 7 days per
week. This position manages salaried and hourly employees.
Principle Functional Responsibilities:
- Supervise the Production Planning and Scheduling Team in
Taunton with responsibilities including Master Scheduling,
Production Planning / Coordination, Shop Floor Scheduling and
Materials Planning in a manufacturing plant operating on a 24-hour
- Directly responsible for the management and procurement of raw
materials using MRP within SAP ERP system with support from
- Directly responsible for coordinating and managing monthly
stock take of all materials (i.e., Raw, WIP, and Finished
- Use Excel spreadsheets to manipulate data extracts from SAP to
assist with determining materials and scheduling requirements.
- Team-oriented with the ability to clearly and concisely
communicate with all levels of the organization from hourly
associates to senior management.
- Effectively managing all distribution operations, including
warehousing, inventory control, transportation, supplier
management, quality, and customer service.
- Ensuring all operating goals are met, including cost, safety,
schedule conformance, shipping accuracy, inventory accuracy, supply
levels, customer service, employee productivity, etc.
- Overseeing the shipping and receiving functions, including
scheduling, dispatching, and on-time delivery.
- Ensuring accurate inventory control and planning. Coordinate
and supervise physical inventory take.
- Managing a team of hourly and salary employees, including
workforce planning and scheduling, employee relations, and employee
- Promoting and ensuring a safe and environmentally compliant
- Participating, as needed, in continuous improvement initiatives
using tools such as Six Sigma, and other process improvement
- Oversees all customer shipping issues, including claims for
loss or damage.
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline - with at least 5 years
of progressive production / materials planning and managerial
experience (Materials, Shop floor, etc.) - required.
- Experience with ERP systems preferably SAP System. Experience
with SAP wire and cable industry module a definite plus.
- Materials planning and scheduling experience, preferably in a
telecom or power cable manufacturing environment.
- APICS and Six Sigma Certifications are a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Excel.
- Be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment and
prioritize duties to meet deadlines daily with limited
- Willingness to work varying hours (evenings and weekends)
depending on production requirements.
Prysmian Group, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, aims to attract
and recruit individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills, and
abilities, who will enhance the quality of service and contribute
to the Group's success. Prysmian Group is committed to the
development of an organization that prioritizes talent, where
people feel respected, appreciated, and free to fully express their
human potential. Prysmian Group strongly believes that diversity
drives meritocracy and brings significant value at all levels of
the organization, increases the possibility of capturing market
opportunities and maximizing value for our customers and
shareholders. Prysmian Group bases its decisions on principles of
equality, with evaluations based on the type of position and with a
focus on best practices so individuals succeed based on their
efforts and skills and their alignment with applicable job
Line Managers, Hiring Managers, HR Corporate and HR Local are
responsible for ensuring that diversity and inclusion are respected
during the recruiting process. Unconscious bias and stereotypes
must not influence our selection processes. We look for the best
candidates and for the real value they can bring into the
organization. We value meritocracy. We value diversity. We turn off
our bias. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered
for employment without regard to their race, color, religion,
national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age,
sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual
orientation, marital status, disability, military service and
veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical
conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state, or local laws. Prysmian Group will endeavor to make
a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental
limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the
accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of
Your application data will be treated according to our Data
Protection Policy. If you believe you require assistance to
complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us
Keywords: Prysmian Group, Taunton , Supply Chain Manager - Taunton - Top Employer!, Executive , Taunton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!