Production Manager (Food)
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Full-Time Job Opportunity!This Jobot Job is hosted by: Dan
AsherAre you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now"
button and sending us your resume.Salary: $100,000 - $130,000 per
yearA bit about us:We are the leading producer of fresh
produce-based salsa in North America. We offer branded, private
label, contract manufactured and food service salsa products in
addition to a variety of dips, spreads and sauces. We are proud of
our creative product development, innovative packaging, quality
assurance protocols and modern product facilities. We offer a
competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which
includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and
long-term disability, life insurance, a health savings account and
Company matched 401(k).Why join us?
- 401k Match
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Generous PTO
- Growth OpportunitiesJob Details** Candidates preferred to be
bilingual in English/Spanish**SummaryThe Production Manager leads,
directs and oversees all manufacturing operations within assigned
facility location. The incumbent guides multiple supporting
supervisors in the areas of manufacturing, to ensure the timely,
efficient, safe, and cost-effective manufacturing of high-quality
products.Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs and oversees ongoing performance efficiency of plant
functions through the establishment and monitoring of various
organizational goals that seek to meet and/or exceed
- Responsible for maintaining a safe, clean and positive work
- Responsible for scheduling, planning and organizing work and
Production activities across two shifts, clearly communicating
goals and ensuring that all staff are familiar (and in compliance
with) the appropriate standards and procedures.
- Oversee the sanitation team, performance and records
- Drive line efficiency improvement through root cause and
- Partners with Maintenance on identifying and correcting
- Completes all assigned key projects, initiatives and production
targets with a high level of quality and accuracy and within
approved budget parameters and timeframes.
- Manages resources to control costs and optimize profitability
to meet internal and external client expectations.
- Provides support and guidance in the management of product
quality and ensures compliance with quality and sanitation
policies, procedures and systems to include HACCP, GMPs and the
management and reduction of consumer complaints.
- Continuously evaluates manufacturing capabilities and
recommends future capital expenditures to accommodate future growth
and/or expand current operations.
- Provides support and guidance in the management of employee
- Ensures all performance issues are addressed in a timely manner
and all employees adhere to company policies and procedures on an
- Reports food safety and quality issues and initiate action, as
- Follow all Food Safety guidelines, but not limited to: GMP's,
Allergen Program, Quality, Sanitation, and Safety. Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years' experience in a manufacturing management role
within the food or beverage industry or related capacity.
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, or manufacturing or
- Previous Production Management experience.
- Proven track record of driving operational improvement through
the use of lean tools and methods
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups, individuals or outside vendors.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple
priorities and strong attention to detail.
- Computer skills including MS Office programs such as Outlook,
Word, Excel PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate
- Bilingual English - Spanish (a/o Portuguese/Cape Verdean
Creole) is required.
- Self-motivated and strong analytical / problem solving
- Ability to collaborate at all levels of the organization and
across other functional areas.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Work with minimal supervision execute for results in a fast
- Ability to empower, motivate and inspire staff.
- Ability to lead change and execute on strategic decisions.
- Conflict resolution skills.Competencies/ Skills
- Presentations Skills
- Proven Leadership Skills
- Problem Solving/Analytical
- Organizational Skills
- Communications Proficiency (to include written, verbal and
- Time Management (manage priorities and workflow)Supervisory
ResponsibilityThis position supervises the Production and
Sanitation Supervisors.Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now
by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Taunton , Production Manager (Food), Executive , Taunton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!