Assistant Director of Nursing & Staff Development (ADON/SDC)
Company: Next Step Healthcare
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Wedgemere Healthcare is seeking an experienced Registered Nurse
to join our management team as Assistant Director of Nursing &
Staff Development (ADON/SDC).We are looking for individuals who are
looking to take the next step in their careers and be part of a
growing organization that offers individuals the opportunity to not
only learn, but grow into exciting new avenues of nursing.In this
role, the ADON/SDC/RN will assist the Director of Nursing Services
in planning, organizing, developing and directing the day to day
functions of the Nursing Services Department in accordance with
current federal, state and local standards governing long term care
facilities, and as may be directed by the
Administrator.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the
- Participate in developing, maintaining and periodically
updating written nursing policies, procedures, reference materials,
manual, objectives and philosophies.
- Provide general orientation, mandatory in-services, continuing
education, and other training to meet all department and facility
needs and regulatory requirements.
- Determine and assess facility education needs.
- Plan, develop, and implement training.
- Assist in developing and implementing methods for coordinating
nursing services with other resident services.
- Implement plans of action to correct deficiencies.
- Ensure that all nursing services personnel are performing their
- Participate in surveys and inspections by government
- Review nurse's notes to ensure proper documentation is
maintained relating to resident's treatment, medications and
- Report problems areas to the Director of Nursing Services and
assist in developing corrective actions.Qualifications:
- Must be a Registered Nurse (RN) in good standing and currently
licensed by the state.
- Must have good verbal and communication skills with the ability
to demonstrate organizational and educations skills.
- Previous experience in a hospital, long term care facility or
other healthcare related facility.
- Long term care, skilled nursing experience is preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable of general, rehabilitative and
restorative nursing and medical practices and procedures and laws,
regulations and guidelines governing long term care.
- Completion of an Associate's Degree in Nursing.
- Must have basic computer skills.
If you have a passion for helping people, for making them feel
safe, respected, cared for and listened to, then your next step is
with us. Apply today!
Next Step Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace
diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace for
Keywords: Next Step Healthcare, Taunton , Assistant Director of Nursing & Staff Development (ADON/SDC), Executive , Taunton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!