Senior GaN Epi Development Engineer
Posted on: March 18, 2023
About the role
The Senior GaN Epitaxy Development Engineer serves the following key functions as a member of the IQE Technology Group:
Develop epitaxial growth process for advanced GaN-based device structures
Provide technical support to internal teams, prescribing processes that ensure product performance concurrently with quality and cost-effective manufacturing
Analyze process data and customer data to determine correlations between epitaxial growth parameters and device performance
Provide technical support to customers
Provide technical expertise to ensure that IQE's offerings are best in class
Create growth recipes and analyze reactor data
Analyze epitaxial material characterization data and device data to drive performance improvement
Work closely with NPI teams to ensure timely progress of development projects
Work closely with Technology Managers, Product Engineers, and Technical Sales to conduct timely and accurate feasibility assessments
Support IQE Group as required for customer queries, project management, process documentation, new capability assessments
Requirements About you
At least 5 years of experience with epitaxial growth of GaN-based semiconductors by MOCVD
Fluent understanding of III-N crystal growth equipment and impact of epitaxial growth processes on device performance
Fluent understanding of electronic or optoelectronic device physics
Proficiency with characterization techniques for III-N semiconductor materials and devices
Excellent written and verbal communication skills necessary for effective interaction with internal personnel and external customers
PhD in science or engineering is required
Why should you join us?
We have awarded \u2018Ones to Watch' by Best Companies defined as \u2018good levels of workplace engagement and showing promising signs for the future'.
We have established an Environmental, Social and Governance ("ESG") Board Committee, that will oversee the execution of our ESG strategy.
We give back and have multiple initiatives underway supporting local and communities and global charities.
All our employees benefit from:
- Long Term Incentive Plans (LTIPs)
- Professional Development and career pathways
- Bonus plans - quarterly or annual (role dependent)
- Market competitive base salaries reviewed bi-annually
- Comprehensive health insurance offering medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage.
- Company paid Life and Disability Insurance.
- Long service awards 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 years
- Hybrid and flexible working (role dependent)
- Values-based recognition awards
- Employee Assistance Program (Free family, legal, financial and counselling support 24/7 Access)
- Access to workplace Mental Health First Aiders/wellbeing rooms
- #mypersonalhour incentive
- 401k Plan with company match of up to 50% on the first 6% of the employee's contributions
IQE is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity at all levels. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
About the role
Keywords: IQE, Taunton , Senior GaN Epi Development Engineer, Engineering , Taunton, Massachusetts
here to apply!