Company: Prysmian Group
Posted on: August 1, 2022
About Prysmian GroupPrysmian Group is the world leader in the
energy and telecom cable systems industry. Each year, the Group
manufacturers thousands of miles of underground and submarine
cables and systems for power transmission and distribution, as well
as medium low voltage cables for the construction and
infrastructure sectors. We also produce a comprehensive range of
optical fibers, copper cables and connectivity for voice, video,
and data transmission for the telecommunication sector.We are
almost 29,000 employees, across 52 countries. Everyone at Prysmian
Group has the potential to make their mark; because whatever you
do, wherever you are based, you will be part of a company that is
helping transform the world around us.Team Overview and Job
Responsibilities Accountable to the Quality Manager, this position
is responsible to help implement and maintain the Quality
Management System in support of the ISO, IRIS and Nuclear
programs.Principle Functional Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain effective systems to achieve quality
- Maintain records to demonstrate compliance with UL, ETL, CSA
and other external organizations.
- Evaluate process capability, sampling plans and adjust as
- Communicate quality performance metrics.
- Lead associates to effectively perform required testing and
reporting of quality data.
- Evaluate trends using statistical analysis and lead /
collaborate with other departments in the development of corrective
- Investigate, evaluate, and report returned product from
customers. Lead / coordinate corrective actions. Interact with
customer visits (offsite or onsite) as needed.
- Lead plant efforts to maintain quality requirements and
- Identify and lead continuous improvement projects.
- Perform related duties as directed by the Quality Manager.
- Develop / qualify (MSA) inspection, measuring and test
equipment as needed.
- Interact with suppliers as needed for audits, certifications
and purchased material concerns.
- Lead various activities to support new processes and
- Serve as internal auditor for the NA QMS.
- Interact with and assist the lab as needed.Key Requirements:
- A results driven individual with proven ability to work in a
high-performance manufacturing environment
- Good attention to details, but able to see the big picture
- Must be able to manage multiple, complex tasks and deal easily
- Must be able to drive projects.
- Critical thinker, with excellent analytical abilities and
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- High energy; demonstrates urgency and fast pace.
- Utilizes leadership attributes to interpret the toughest
situations in a constructive and empowering way and drive vision
for the organization.
- Ability to motivate and lead continuous improvement
- Two (2) or more years of quality engineering experience in a
manufacturing environment - required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Programs (MS Access
- SAP experience / knowledge - preferred.
- Lean Methodologies / Six Sigma training - preferred.
- Quality systems auditing
- ASQ Certification in Quality Engineering is a plus
- Proven ability to work in a team setting and a strong floor
- Experience with wire and cable is a plus.
- Some travel required (10-20%) - NAEducation:
- BS degree minimum, preferably in an engineering or technical
field.Prysmian Group, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, aims to
attract and recruit individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills,
and abilities, who will enhance the quality of service and
contribute to the Group's success. Prysmian Group is committed to
the development of an organization that prioritizes talent, where
people feel respected, appreciated, and free to fully express their
human potential. Prysmian Group strongly believes that diversity
drives meritocracy and brings significant value at all levels of
the organization, increases the possibility of capturing market
opportunities and maximizing value for our customers and
shareholders. Prysmian Group bases its decisions on principles of
equality, with evaluations based on the type of position and with a
focus on best practices so individuals succeed based on their
efforts and skills and their alignment with applicable job
requirements. Line Managers, Hiring Managers, HR Corporate and HR
Local are responsible for ensuring that diversity and inclusion are
respected during the recruiting process. Unconscious bias and
stereotypes must not influence our selection processes. We look for
the best candidates and for the real value they can bring into the
organization. We value meritocracy. We value diversity. We turn off
our bias. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered
for employment without regard to their race, color, religion,
national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age,
sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual
orientation, marital status, disability, military service and
veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical
conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state, or local laws. Prysmian Group will endeavor to make
a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental
limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the
accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of
our business.Your application data will be treated according to our
Data Protection Policy. If you believe you require assistance to
complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us
Keywords: Prysmian Group, Taunton , Quality Engineer, Engineering , Taunton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!