Company: The Middlesex Corporation
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Position Summary:We are seeking an experienced Project Engineer
with a proven leadership skills and a devoted work ethic who is
looking for a successful career and the opportunity to grow with
The Middlesex Corporation, a rapidly growing, successful, and well
established heavy civil infrastructure company. As a Project
Engineer you will play a critical role in the overall leadership
and successful and timely delivery of complex multimillion-dollar
fast-track, complex heavy-civil, highway and bridge projects from
pre-construction stage through project execution and
- Performing, managing or a combination thereof (depending on the
complexity or magnitude of the project(s):
- Actively promote and carry out company Safety Policies and
Procedures and ensure adherence to our The Middlesex CorporationTMs
Number One Core Value - Safety First, In Everything We Do.
- Provide leadership and management of high-performing project
field engineers or other project staff.
- Cooperatively participate in the development, implementation,
and execution of innovative means, methods, and construction
strategies, to perform the work safely and productively. Develop
activity work plans to successfully execute the work safely and
- Actively participate in the strategic development of a project
management plan including development of comprehensive, CPM
schedule, to include all deliverables, activity durations, work
sequence, constraints, interim milestones etc., manage updates and
required schedule narratives.
- Cooperatively participate in the development and management of
project budget, manpower, equipment, subcontractors, and material
- Proactively foster win-win, close working partnerships and
maintain open communications with; JV Partners, Owners/Clients,
Subcontractors, Designers, and other key project stakeholders.
- Actively participate in the over-all day-today operational and
decision-making project management functions including
accountability for project execution and P\u0026L results.
- Provide leadership to ensure adherence to the companyTMs core
values standards, policies, and procedures.
- Assist in the procurement, buy-out, and management of
subcontractors, suppliers/vendors to ensure work is delivered
timely, safely, and compliant to quality standards.
- Track and verify accuracy of project productions, cost coding
of manhours, equipment and in-place quantities are documented
daily. Prepare and submit accurate project cost reporting, revenue,
and cash flow projections.
- Manage all project engineering activities that comply with the
companyTMs process, procedures, and contractual requirements.
- Maintain project submittal process to ensure timely receipt,
review and approval of submittals and shop drawings, as-builts, and
other contract required documentation.
- Manage and maintain the project RFI process to ensure timely
receipt, review, response close out.
- Implement effective project quality control and quality
assurance plans to ensure work is constructed in compliance and is
accurately documented through clear and traceable records keeping
- Provide technical support for, construction planning,
interpretation of design and the development of efficient
- Manage the process to develop and produce required design,
drawings, engineering calcs, for project components or activities
such as crane/hoisting lifts, temporary structures or works,
falsework, shoring, formwork, safety systems, etc.
- Manage project close-out including, timely management of punch
list, commissioning, and transitional system operations
- Four-year engineering or construction management degree or
equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related
- Proficient computer knowledge including Microsoft Office,
BlueBeam. Preferred experience utilizing HCSS HeavyJob, Vista, CAD,
- Minimum of five (5) years---TM experience in heavy civil
- Comprehensive understanding of civil construction industry
practices and standards.
- Must be able to freely access all parts of a construction site
in wide-ranging climates and environments.
- Must have a valid Driver---TMs License.Necessary Attributes:
- Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities
and management styles.
- Team player and with a strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with a team in an efficient and effective
- Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication
- Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish
- Dedicated and hard working.
- Possess strong leadership qualities.
- Above average organizational skills.
- Strong commitment to success of all.
- Possess a strong work ethic Demonstrate the upmost
professionalism in how you represent yourself.
- Show quality in everything you do.
- Lead with integrity while producing high quality work.The
Middlesex Corporation is an -----Equal Opportunity
Employer---"Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled
Persons---SAFELY Building America---TMs Infrastructure Since
1972Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in
1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality
and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various
companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy
civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex
Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 222nd largest contractor in
the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and 50th
of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex
Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with
regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando,
Florida.The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and
Team Members living the core values ofSafetyfirst in everything we
do,Qualityin all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do
business,Professionalismin how we represent ourselves and the
company,Strong Work Ethicthat produces positive results,
andCommitmentto the Success of all Team Members and
Stakeholders.Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record
while growing into a diversified -----Top 100 ENR Company--- and
being recognized as -----One of the Best Places to Work.---Please
see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of
this job.Team Member Competitive Benefits:
- 401k Savings Plan with 25% Company Match
- Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
- Life/Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Voluntary Benefits
- Health Care Advocate
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Team Member Referral ProgramPlease complete the employment
application for consideration of employment with The Middlesex
Corporation.We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a
policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including
race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, national origin,
veteran status, sexual orientation, or other legally protected
Keywords: The Middlesex Corporation, Taunton , Project Engineer, Engineering , Taunton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!